The Gap, Inc. is a leading designer, marketer and retailer of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta brand apparel, accessories and footwear. The brand is known for its iconic blue and white logo and its jeans and t-shirts. Gap focuses on the middle market and has a reputation for offering affordable products. The company operates Gap stores, Gap Factory Outlets and Gap Factory Direct, as well as Banana Republic, Athleta and Old Navy outlet stores and factory outlet stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico and internationally.
Together, these brands cater to a wide range of customers, from those who prefer the latest fashions to those who want comfortable, well-made basics. The Banana Republic brand is known for its fashion-forward styles and is aimed at women.
Did you know?
Gap Inc is a leading provider of stylish and affordable clothing for the whole family. It was founded in 1969, and today it has more than 4,000 stores across the world. The company also owns GapKids, GapShoe, and Athleta.com. They offer unique products and experiences, and they work together as a team to help make the community better. The company sells apparel for women, men, girls, and boys, as well as children’s apparel, accessories, and home and decor. The company’s products are primarily women, men, and children’s apparel, shoes and accessories. Gap brand is known for its classic and casual styles and is aimed at both men and women.
Final Company Statement:
Gap’s values—inclusivity, innovation, integrity, and doing right—are at the heart of everything we do. Their culture is defined by diversity and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The company’s goal is to be the best place in the world to work and shop. It wants to provide a great customer experience and to build a brand that people love. The Gap’s mission is to “provide a broad range of products,” but the company has evolved over the years and now focuses on young and trendy clothing.
What kind of benefits do Gap employees get?
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 117,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Care
- Well Being Programs
- Mental Health
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Stock Plan
Some of their benefits may also include the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Personal Time
- Adoption Assistance
- Petcare Discounts/Insurance
- Legal Services
- Community Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Programs
That the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
What benefits do Gap employees get?
The benefits listed above are a quick summary of the benefits Gap offers to employees.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They provide information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits