Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Markel Benefits Resource Center:
Monday until Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., ET
Markel Corporation is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, and other investment operations worldwide. Markel’s headquarters may be found in Richmond, Virginia. Markel seeks to deliver new products as well as have a responsive customer service to allow them to be a leader in the market. Their main goal is to earn a consistent underwriting and operating profit while combining those with superior investment returns to build shareholder value.
Markel’s history may be traced back to the 1930s as the Mutual Casualty Company in Norfolk, Virginia, headed by Samuel A. Markel. The company later transferred to Richmond, Virginia and was joined by Samuel’s four sons: Irvin, Lewis, Milton, and Stanley as Markel Service, Inc. was established. Markel was actively doing efforts to develop safety and other standards aimed at legitimizing the growing bus and trucking industries.
This earned a national following for the company and later created a reputation for industry-leading claims adjusting and safety engineering in the 1940s. By 1986, Markel Corporation was listed on the NASDAQ exchange and later moved to the NYSE in 1997.
Markel has a Total Rewards program that provides competitive compensation, retirement, and benefits, plus career advancement opportunities. Markel focuses on the total value of their offer and constantly seeks to improve by tailoring their programs to the needs of their people and their families.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2019, they have a record of about 17,400 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link found below the login details on the page.
- Type in the last 4 digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.