Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
GM Benefits and Services Center:
1-800-489-4646 TTY: 1-877-347-5225
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation with headquarters located in Detroit. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute vehicles and its parts. They also do selling of financial services, located at its global headquarters in Detroit’s Renaissance Center. GM manufactures vehicles in several countries across the globe. Their four core automobile brands are Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC. They also either own or hold a noteworthy stake in foreign brands like Jiefang, Wuling, and Baojun.
General Motors Company was founded by William C. Durant on September 16, 1908. It was formerly named Durant-Dort Carriage Company and started in Flint, Michigan. They have become the leader in manufacturing of horse-drawn vehicles in the US by 1900. Durant established the General Motors Company in 1908 as a holding company, partnered with Charles Stewart Mott. After succeeding and failing in acquisitions, Durant re-entered the automotive industry in 1911, and co-founded Chevrolet Motor Company. In 1916, GM was reincorporated in Detroit as General Motors Corporation.
They have a diverse workforce of employees who bring their collective passion for engineering, technology, and design to assist the brand in bringing on pushing for their ambitious future. They take pride of their achievements and believes that there is more work to be done.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 160,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care On-Site
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Stock Options
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Dependent Care
- Work from Home
- Family Medical Leave
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Professional Development
- Diversity Program
- Job Training
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Password Management & Support” link found on the page.
- Select the “Activate your GMID” link on the page.
- Type in your GMIN which you can obtain from your supervisor.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Select the white “Next” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.