Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Genentech Benefits Center Contact Number:
People Support Solutions
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Genentech, Inc. is an American biotechnology corporation and became a subsidiary of Roche in 2009. Genentech Research and Early Development is operating as an independent center within the Roche offices. Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for over 40 years, using human genetic information to assist in developing novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases.
Genentech was founded by Robert A. Swanson and biochemist Herbert Boyer in 1976. Boyer is a pioneer in the field of recombinant DNA technology. It was in 1973 when Boyer and colleague Stanley Norman Cohen showed that restriction enzymes may be used to cut DNA fragments of interest from one source, to be ligated into a similarly cut plasmid vector. As Cohen returned to the lab in academia, Swanson reached out to Boyer to establish the company. Boyer worked with Arthur Riggs and Keiichi Itakura of the Beckman Research Institute and succeeded in expressing a human gene in bacteria after producing hormone somatostatin in 1977.
Their history is proof that Genentech has been a team of greatly dedicated and passionate people. They take pride in a culture of openness, integrity, and creativity. The people they hire are always helping change the face of medicine and create a real difference in people’s lives.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of February 2020, they have a record of over 13,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care On-Site
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Home & Auto Insurance
- Identity Theft Coverage
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Retirement Plan
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Work from Home
- Fertility Assistance
- Employee Discount
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Legal Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- And many more!
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll: