Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Company YBR Benefits Center Phone Number: 1-800-677-5678
Outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada: 1-847-883-1080
MetLife, Inc. was founded on March 24, 1868. They ranked number 43 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. MetLife is one of the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs with 90 million customers in over 60 countries.
They are headquartered in the MetLife Building located in New York, New York in the United States. As of October 2018, they are employing about 48,000 people in their organization. MetLife provides benefits to all U.S. full-time employees,
and these plans are generally available to part-time
employees working 20 hours a week or more, but not to
contract workers or part-time workers working less than
20 hours a week.
Quick Summary of Possible Benefits:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings and investment plan
- MetLife stock is available as a voluntary investment option within our 401(k) plan, and also as part of our stock incentive award programs for high-job-level and higher-paid employees
- Cash balance defined benefit retirement plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Opportunity to earn Working On Wellness dividend credited toward employee contributions for medical coverage
- Optional employee-paid life insurance
- Legal Services plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
Additional Perks / Benefits :
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to Pay Equity
- Graduate / University Programs
- Employee Benefit Sales
- Global Leadership Development (MBA)
- Diversity Business Resource Networks (DBRNs)
- Military Veterans Network at MetLife (MVET)
- Multicultural Professionals Network (MPN)
- Rising Professionals at MetLife (iRISE)
- Women’s Business Network (WBN)
- Families At MetLife (FAM)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Allies at MetLife (GLAM)
- MetLife Diverse Abilities (MDA)
- Back-up child care and discounts on child care
- Family Matters
- A group coaching program for employees planning to take a leave for a new child and managers with expectant parents on their teams
- Work/Life mentoring circles
- Coaching, mentoring and education to support women after returning from parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- compressed work weeks
- part-time work
- virtual work
- Workforce of the Future Development Fund
- learning programs will focus on areas including digital skills, innovation and collaboration
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details. You may also visit the link(s) provided below for more information and verification.”
Current employees and retirees of Metlife can access resources to manage their benefits, health tools and more. Access MY BENEFITS RESOURCES (YBR) to manage your personal benefits and perform other related transactions.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
YBR provides information, tools and calculators to
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details.”
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | Metlife Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Go to the following webpage: www.ybr.com/metlife
- Provide your: User ID & Password
- Click on the button titled: Log On
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Go to the following webpage: www.yourbenefitsresources.com/metlife
- Find and click on the link titled: Are you a new user?
- Enter Your Personal Identification Information: Last 4 Digits of your SSN & Date of Birth
- Click on the button titled: Continue
- Look for the “Completed Successfully” message to be sure your enrollment is complete. If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the beginning of this article.
If you enroll within your first 31 days of hire, your coverage becomes effective on your first day. If you do not enroll within your first 31 days of hire, you will need to wait to enroll until the next annual open enrollment, unless you experience a qualified coverage change event (new baby, marriage, divorce, etc.). Go to Your Benefit Resources to enroll. See above.
Additional Discount / Perk links:
- Rental Perks – https://www.rentalperks.com/employee-discounts/metlife
- Corporate Perks – https://metlife.corporateperks.com/login
- Perks at Work / Working for Metlife – https://metlife.corporateperks.com/login
- Corporate Shopping – https://corporateshopping.com/employee-discounts/metlife-1
Other helpful links:
Awards for MetLife:
- Disability Equality Index – Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (2017 – 2019)
- Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces (2008 – 2019)
- Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (2016 – 2019)
- G.I. Jobs – Military Friendly Employers (2013 – 2020), Military Friendly Spouse Employers (2017 – 2019)
- Human Rights Campaign – Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality (perfect score 2004 – 2019)
- Working Mother Media – 100 Best Companies Hall of Fame (1999 – 2018)