Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
TIAA Payroll and Benefits Center:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America-College Retirement Equities Fund, or TIAA for short and formerly TIAA-CREF, is an organization that is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, cultural, governmental, and medical fields. TIAA is now organized as a non-profit organization, after being long organized as a tax-exempt non-profit organization, with taxable subsidiaries where all profits are refunded to policy holders.
TIAA was founded by Andrew Carnegie and his Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in 1918. Carnegie and Henry S. Pritchett, then leader of the foundation, formed the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America. The intention was to have a fully funded system of pensions for professors. The funding was delivered by a combination of grants from the foundation as well as contributions from different institutions and individuals.
A complete total rewards package is provided to the employees to support their well-being. Inclusive to this package is a retirement program and competitive health, wellness, and work life benefits that is designed to meet the changing needs of their diverse workforce.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 16,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Health Care On-Site
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Dependent Care
- Work from Home
- Family Medical Leave
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Commuter Checks and Assistance
- Diversity Program
- Professional Development
- Job Training
- Tuition Assistance
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link found on the page.
- Type in the last 4 digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.