Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
JCPenney YBR Benefits Center Phone Number:
1-888-890-8900 JCPenney Benefits Center Between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time, Weekdays
J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is a department store chain in the US with more than 800 locations in 49 US states and in Puerto Rico. They do business as JCPenney and abbreviated as JCP. JCPenney sells traditional merchandise as well as large Fine Jewelry departments, The Salon by InStyle, and a Sephora inside JCPenney.
A history of JCPenney would show James Cash Penney of Hamilton, Missouri worked for a local retailer. After relocating to Colorado at a doctor’s advice to improve his health, he worked for Thomas Callahan and Guy Johnson in 1898 at a dry goods store called Golden Rule stores in Colorado and Wyoming. The following year brought him to Evanston, Wyoming to work with Johnson in another Golden Rule store. Callahan and Johnson wanted Penney to join them in opening a new Golden Rule store and soon moved to Kemmerer, Wyoming with his wife and infant son to start his own store in 1902. Two more stores were opened and he purchased full interest in all three locations while Callahan and Johnson dissolved the partnership in 1907. To be closer to banks and railroads, Penney moved the headquarters to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1907. 34 stores have been opened by 1912 in the Rocky Mountain States. All stores were under the J.C. Penney banner by 1913.
On May 15, 2020, JCPenney filed for bankruptcy protection and closed more than 200 stores due to the coronavirus pandemic. By June 2020, JCPenney reopened approximately 800+ stores.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of more than 90,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Hospitalization Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Health Care On-Site
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Advocacy Services
- Legal Assistance
- Commuter Benefit
- Job Training
- Associate Discount
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details. You may also visit the link(s) provided below for more information and verification.”
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details.”
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | JCPenney Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the grey “Log on” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New user?” link that may be found below the “Forgot User ID or Password” link.
- Type in the last four (4) digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
- You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the start of this article.
Other helpful links:
Links to handbooks are indicated below for your reference:
Awards for JCPenney:
- 2020 NAHA Team of the Year Award for Salon by InStyle
- 2020 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
- 2020 Working Mother Best Company for Multicultural Women – Outstanding Leader Honoree
- 2020 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence and Energy Management