Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
W.L. Gore and Associates YBR Benefits Center Phone Number:
9am to 7pm ET, Monday to Friday
(Also applicable to employees outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada)
If you need further assistance, you may also reach BenefitSource at 1-866-695-5595.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. is an American multinational manufacturing company that specializes in products that came from fluoropolymers. The company is a privately held corporation with headquarters located in Newark, Delaware. They are best known for developing the waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex fabrics.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. was founded by Wilbert Lee Gore in 1958, together with his wife Genevieve Walton Gore. Bill Gore had spent more than 15 years with the DuPont Company working on different technical positions, which include fluoropolymer research. As he was working in his basement, he started to develop a method for insulating a number of parallel electrical wires by using polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE. This is a fluoropolymer discovered in the walls of DuPont by a chemist. Wilbert’s son, Robert W. Gore, suggested a method for encapsulating wires and proved to be successful. This resulted to the birth of their first patent, the Multi-Tet cable, a multi-conductor ribbon cable that is used in computers, communications, and process control equipment.
Gore’s success is all dependent on the capability and creativity of their associates, which means that their benefit offerings and design show their value for their contributions. Gore benefit programs are comprehensive, and very competitive.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 201, they have a record of over 10,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Spouse & Domestic Partner Life Insurance
- Child Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Mental Health Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Associate Stock Ownership Plan
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- 401K Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Volunteer Time Off
- And many more!
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link that may be found below the “Forgot User ID or Password” link.
- Type in the last four (4) digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
- You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the start of this article.