Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Entergy Pension Resource Center:
Monday until Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., CT
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company that is involved in electric power production as well as retail distribution operations in the Deep South of the United States. Entergy’s headquarters may be located in New Orleans, Louisiana. It generates and distributes electric power to 2.9 million customers in Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
Entergy has a history that may be traced back to November 1913 as the Arkansas Power Company was formed. Its founder was Harvey C. Couch who used sawdust from a lumber company to bring electrical power to rural Arkansas. By the 1920s, Couch sought out to buying electric companies in other states which led to the merging of four independent companies in Mississippi into Mississippi Power and Light, followed by the formation of Louisiana Power and Light two years later.
Meanwhile, Electric Bond and Share Company (EBASCO), a direct competitor of the Mississippi Power and Light, headed by Sidney Z. Mitchell, started to put his attention to other territories. The two men eventually decided to merge their resources and formed Electric Power and Light Corporation. A law emerged in the 1930s that ordered EBASCO to dissolve under the provisions of the act. The four power companies in Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Orleans were deemed to be an integrated system and was reorganized and rebranded to Entergy.
Entergy employees receive a complete benefits program as a regular, full-time non-bargaining employee.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of more than 13,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Account
- Employee life insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Survivor income insurance
- Aircraft accident insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax Payroll deductions into a health savings account
- ENSHAPE wellness program
- ENSHAPE lifestyle annual reimbursement and fitness centers at some locations
- Work-life program
- A comprehensive financial wellness program
- Annual incentive plan
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-term disability
- Maternity-related Paid Leave
- Military Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link found below the login details on the page.
- Type in the last 4 digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the green “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.