Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Lumen Technologies YBR Benefits Center Phone Number:
866-935-5011 Lumen Health and Life Service Center Monday through Friday, Mountain Time, 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Lumen Technologies, formerly known as CenturyLink, is a telecommunications company in the US and is based in Monroe, Louisiana. They provide communications, network services, security, cloud solutions, voice, as well as managed services. Lumen Technologies is a member of the S&P 500 index together with Fortune 500. The communication services they currently have are inclusive of local and long-distance voice, broadband, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), private line that includes special access, Ethernet, hosting, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and many more! Lumen serves global enterprise customers across North America, Latin America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific.
Oak Ridge Telephone Company in Oak Ridge, Louisiana may be the primary predecessor of Lumen. This was owned by F. E. Hogan, Sr. Hogan sold the company in 1930, plus its 75 paid subscribers, to William Clarke and Marie Williams, for $500. The switchboard was moved to the Williams family front parlor. Come 1946, Clarke McRae Williams, the Williams’ son, took ownership of the family’s phone company when he got married. But in 1947, he learned that the company in Marion, Louisiana was up for sale. Clarke purchased the company using a loan from business associate, Joe Sydney Carter, and soon made it his base of operation while growing the company by doing more acquisitions.
After doing several acquisitions over the years, they changed their name to CenturyLink in 2008 after a merger with Embarq. The name change to Lumen happened in September 14, 2020. For residents and small businesses, the CenturyLink brand will be used for traditional copper-based services.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2018, they have a record of more than 45,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Core Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Spending Account
- Short & Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Survivor Benefit
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Tobacco Cessation
- Mental Wellness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Resiliency Assessments
- Emotional Resilience
- Stress, Uncertainty & Setbacks Management
- Work/Life Balance
- Lifestyle Benefits
- Critical Illness Care
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Legal Services
- Pet Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Identity Protection Program
- Choice Auto & Home Insurance
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Solutions for Caregivers
- Rewards Program
- Discount Services
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Time Off
- Religious Observances
- Bereavement Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Family & Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Paid Time Off for Civic Duties
- Milk Stork
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Gym Discounts
- Health Fairs
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | Lumen Technologies Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the grey “Log on” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New user?” link that may be found below the “Forgot User ID or Password” link.
- Type in the last four (4) digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
- You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the start of this article.
Other helpful links:
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for Lumen Technologies:
- 2021 America’s Best Customer Service Companies, Internet Service Provider Segment – Newsweek-Statista
- Top 100 Federal Government IT Contractors – No. 29, Washington Technology Top 100
- Best Employers for Diversity – Forbes America