Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Company YBR Benefits Center Phone Number: 1-877-228-4010
Caterpillar Benefits Center Between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
1-718-354-1345 Outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada
Caterpillar Inc., or often called as CAT, is an American Fortune 100 corporation that specializes in designing, developing, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and selling of machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers by using a worldwide dealer network. CAT is the world’s biggest name in construction equipment manufacturing.
The name “Caterpillar” originated when Benjamin Holt attempted to fix the problem of tractors sinking into the earth in the farmlands surrounding Stockton, California. After several attempts, he finally created a solution of having the wheels on a 40 horsepower Holt steamer with a set of wooden tracks bolted to chains. On Thanksgiving Day of 1904, he successfully tested the renewed machine plowing the mushy delta land of Roberts Island. People was reported to have observed the machine crawled like a caterpillar, and Holt decided to name his equipment, Caterpillar.
Fast forward to the fiscal year 2010, Caterpillar has already acquired many businesses. This is the year that the company decided to divide their products, services, and technologies into three principal lines of business: machinery, engines, and financial products for sale to private and governmental bodies.
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment to date. They also have businesses that deal with diesel and natural gas engines, industrial turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. They are also leaders in providing financial services through the Caterpillar Financial Services. Caterpillar generated a worldwide revenue of almost $54 billion in 2019, slightly down from $54.7 in 2018. Caterpillar still remains as North America’s most important market.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2019, they have a record of 102,300 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Life Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Mental Health Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Programs
- Voluntary Benefits
Group Accident Insurance
Group Critical Illness Insurance
Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Group Legal Insurance Plan
Identity Protection Services
Some of their benefits may also include the following:
- Employee Discounts
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid sick days
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | Caterpillar Inc. Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the grey “Log on” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link that may be found below “Forgot User ID or Password?” link.
- Type in the last four (4) digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
- You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the start of this article.
Other helpful links:
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for Caterpillar Inc.:
- Caterpillar named to Happy Companies 2019
- Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes
- Top Rated Workplace for Veterans
- Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- One of the 25 Best Places to Work in Brazil by Forbes
- Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies by US Veteran’s Magazine
- No. 21 in Top 50 Employers by Woman Engineer Magazine
- No. 43 in the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune
- No.247 in America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes