Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
AIG Benefits Service Center:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time
Outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time
American International Group, Inc. or more popular as AIG, is an American multinational finance and insurance corporation that operates in over 80 countries and jurisdictions. AIG functions via three core businesses: Life & Retirement, General Insurance, and a standalone technology-enabled subsidiary. AIG has their corporate headquarters located in New York City with offices around the world.
Cornelius Vander Starr established a general insurance agency in December 19, 1919 in Shanghai, China and called it American Asiatic Underwriters (AAU). As business grew, Starr formed a life insurance operation. He soon opened branches throughout Southeast Asia by the late 1920s. Starr opened his first office in the US and called it American International Underwriters Corporation (AIU). By the mid-1940s, AIU entered Japan and Germany to offer insurance for American military personnel. AIU continued to extend their services in Europe and opened offices in France, Italy, and the UK.
Maurice R. Greenberg joined AIU in 1960 and reorganized Starr’s US holdings to a successful multiple line carrier. Greenberg focused on selling insurance using independent brokers and eliminated the use of agents. American International Group, Inc. was incorporated in 1967 as a unifying organization for C.V. Starr’s general and life insurance businesses. The company went public in 1969.
Life at AIG is rewarding in their diverse and inclusive culture. Employees and managers help each other succeed. AIG is a global company where people of different backgrounds and skills get together to support clients everywhere with custom services and coverage.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 45,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K plan
- performance bonus
- pension plan
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Work from Home
- Dependent Care
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance
- Commuter Checks and Assistance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Membership
- Professional Development
- Job Training
- Diversity Program
- Tuition Assistance
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link found below the login details.
- Type in the last four digits of your Social Security Number in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.