Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
ABB YBR Benefits Center Phone Number: 1-800-9292-7526
Pension Resource Center between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., ET Mon-Fri
ABB started out as Allmänna Svenska Elektriska Aktiebolaget or ASEA, a General Swedish Electrical Limited Company, in 1883 in Västerås, Sweden by Ludvig Fredholm, as a producer of electrical light and generators. Brown, Boveri & Cie (BBC) was established in Zurich, Switzerland by Charles Eugene Lancelot Brown together with Walter Boveri. BBC was a Swiss group of electrical engineering companies that produce AC and DC motors, generators, steam turbines, and transformers. It was in August of 1987 when ASEA and BBC Brown Boveri declared that they would be merging to form ABB Asea Brown Boveri. The brand new organization was to be centered in Zurich, Switzerland and Västerås, Sweden, and each parent company will be holding 50% of shares. This merger created a worldwide industrial group with income hitting approximately $15 billion and employing 160,000 people. After the July 1997 financial crisis in Asia, ABB declared plans to expand their businesses in Asia. The business then acted to enhance the efficiency of their Western operations. An estimated $850 million was allotted to the restructuring as they moved several resources to emerging markets and scaled back facilities in higher-cost countries. ABB formed different businesses as time passed and one of which was the Power Grids. This offers components for the transmission and distribution of electricity while featuring ABB’s manufacturing network for the needed equipment to fulfill the business. In December of 2018, ABB and Hitachi Ltd. announced that the latter will take over ABB’s power grid business for $6.4 billion. This would be considered as Hitachi’s biggest deal as they shift their focus to the higher-growth market for electricity networks. ABB currently stands as a worldwide leader in power and automation, their largest growth market is represented by the US with North American operations based in Cary, North Carolina and focuses on multiple manufacturing, service, and other major facilities.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2019, they have a record of 144,400 employees in their organization. 30,000 of which are in the US. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Valuable Life and AD&D Insurance for employee and dependent
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan paired with generous company contributions
- Annual incentive or commission program
- Income protecting disability benefits
- Exciting and fun Wellness Programs
- And a great number of other benefits that set ABB apart from any other employer.
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Reward programs that are strategically placed in line with respective market conditions and would normally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Profit sharing
- Spot bonuses
- Share acquisition plan
- Performance awards
- Sales incentives
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | ABB Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the grey “Log on” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “New User?” link that may be found below “Forgot User ID or Password?” link.
- Type in the last four (4) digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
- You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
If you need help, Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions or help you enroll at the phone number provided at the start of this article.
Other helpful links:
Helpful PDF Links:
Awards for ABB:
- ABB retains number 1 global market position in Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- ABB process and production intelligence software wins the Golden Amper 2018 award enabling manufacturers to turn data from their equipment into actionable information.
- ABB receives Frost & Sullivan 2017 Best Practices Award for distributed control system innovation.
- ABB power generation solutions win multiple Asian Power Awards in 2017.