To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-844-271-8565 (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Independence Blue Cross is the leader in health insurance company in southeastern Pennsylvania, and with their associates, they serve more than 8 million people nationwide. For more than 80 years, they have worked to enhance the health and well-being of the people and communities they serve.
Independence Blue Cross provides Medicare Advantage plans with a Medicare contract. The OTC benefit is backed by Keystone Health Plan East/QCC and is being administered by Convey Health Solutions, Inc. which is an independent company.
Coverage preferences may change and be determined by your current location. The succeeding types of benefits together with their Medicaid plans are being offered as of 2020:
- Personal Choice 65 PPO, the Medicare Advantage PPO plan
- Keystone 65 Basic, Focus, Select, and Preferred are the Medicare Advantage HMO plans
The plans are created to offer the following:
- Extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B – Original Medicare.
- Low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Coverage for prescription drugs.
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who all work together to help you feel better.
- The benefits you need to take good care of yourself.
Their main purpose is to give benefits or organize for benefits to be given to those who are qualified and enroll or sign up.
What is the OTC Benefit?
As members of the Independence Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Health Plan, they will receive a predetermined allowance or dollar amount that is reserved for the over-the-counter benefit that is given every quarter. This privilege enables the members to get OTC products that may require. They just have to make sure that their benefit is consumed before the end of every quarter as any remaining allowance will not roll over.
Advantages of using CVS OTCHS Over the Counter Supplies benefit
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Independence Blue Cross presently works with OTC Health Solutions to enable members to make the most of their OTC benefit. OTC Health solutions has an online program that makes it achievable for millions of involved members to purchase items effortlessly by utilizing the home delivery program that they have.
Members who are qualified for the benefit program will be able to easily use their over the counter benefit from the comforts of their home, whether online or over the phone or mailing it in. Their members may enjoy the following items together with this supplementary benefit:
- Skin care
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Cough and cold, allergy medicines
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- And so much more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may call over the phone at the OTC Order Fulfillment Center at 1-844-271-8565.
Need Medicare or Health Insurance?
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
- Free (No Additional Costs) Over the Counter Products
- Shipping and handling is included at no extra fees.
- 3 Easy Ways to Order Health Products such as:
- Acid reducer
- Adhesive bandage / Band-Aid
- Athlete’s foot treatment
- Blood Pressure monitor
- Pain reliever
- Allergy medicine
- Cough, cold and flu-daytime and flu-nighttime
- Digital Thermometer
- Headache relief
- Cough suppressant, lozenges
- Oral Pain Relief Gel
- Lip Balm
- Migraine relief
- Dry Mouth Spray
- Nausea remedy
- Pill Box
- Sleep aid
- Smoking cessation aid – Nicotine Lozenge / Gum / Patch
- Sunscreen Relief
- Walking Cane
Importance of new OTC online account registration:
- Enables members to manage their account
- Access and browse the OTC products that are available to you
- Access an online copy of the OTC catalog
- Track your orders
- View your order history
- View your available balance while you shop
- And many more!
B.A.M. Recommendation: “Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details. You may also visit the link(s) provided below for more information and verification.”
Manage Independence Blue Cross OTC Benefits Account Login or Register Online
Current Members – Log On / Sign On:
- Go to the following webpage: www.ibxmedicare.com/otc
- Provide your: Username & Password
- Click on the button titled: LOG IN
New Members – Register / Enroll:
Remember to enter your First and Last Name, Member ID, State and Date of Birth exactly as it appears on your Health Plan Member Card.
- Go to the following webpage: https://www.ibxmedicare.com/otc
- Click on the button titled: Not Registered? Signup Now
- You should be redirected to this landing page: Registration Page
- Enter Your Personal Information: Name, Health Plan Member ID, State, Email Address, Security Question and Answers, Birthdate
- You will also need to create a: Username & Password
- Click on the button titled: Register
- You should continue to fill out the registration form and submit all the required information to complete your online enrollment.
Tips When Using Your Credits:
- Only plan members may use products.
- Only products from the catalog are covered.
- Orders must total more than your allowance or benefit credit amount.
- Shipping and handling is included at no extra cost.
- Unused credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Unused credits will NOT carry forward to next period or quarter.
- Products may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or through any source other than the Independence Blue Cross OTC benefit channels listed above.
Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, no returns or exchanges are allowed.
As a member of Independence Blue Cross, you have a $30 over-the-counter (OTC) benefit every quarter. This benefit allows you to get OTC items you may need. Make sure you use your benefit before the end of every quarter because the allowance will not roll over. There are 3 ways to order:
- Simply go online at ibxmedicare.com/otc
- call 1-844-271-8565 (TTY: 711)
- or mail your completed order form.
Your order will be shipped directly to your door.
- Quarter 1: January 1 – March 31
- Quarter 2: April 1 – June 30
- Quarter 3: July 1 – September 30
- Quarter 4: October 1 – December 31
OTC Center Holiday Schedule
Closed on the following holidays:
2. Memorial Day
3. Independence Day
4. Labor Day
5. Thanksgiving Day
6. Christmas Day
The OTC Center will close early on the days listed below.
2. New Year’s Eve