Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
IBM Benefits Center:
866-937-0720 (TTY: 800-426-6537)
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time
International Business Machines Corporation or better known as IBM is an American multinational technology company with headquarters located in Armonk, New York. They operate in over 170 countries. IBM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware and software, and offers hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also big on research and holds the record for most US patents generated by a business for 28 consecutive years.
Some of IBM’s inventions include the automated teller machine (ATM), the floppy disk and hard disk drive, the magnetic stripe card, and many others.
IBM started in 1911 in Endicott, New York. They were named the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) but was renamed as “International Business Machines” in 1924. The punch card and the US Census was made possible by IBM. It became the industry standard from 1928 until the next 50 years. In the mid-1930s, IBM worked with the government on the US Social Security Act, tabulating employment records for 26 million Americans.
Moving forward to the 2000s, IBM’s future focus will be on high-margin cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program, created to assist employees develop a solid financial foundation for meeting an assorted array of needs.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 340,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K plan
- pension plan
- performance bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Work from Home
- Military Leave
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Travel Concierge
- Legal Assistance
- Professional Development
- Job Training
- Diversity Program
- Tuition Assistance
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Register Now” link found below the “New User?” question on the page.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided in this format: Month/dd/yyyy.
- Type in the last 4 digits of your SSN in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Submit” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.