Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
American Airlines Benefits Center:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Central Time
Outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Central Time
American Airlines, Inc., commonly known as AA or AAL, is a major American airline based in Fort Worth, Texas. It is the world’s largest airline if measured by scheduled passengers carried, revenue passenger mile, and by fleet size. American Airline, joined by its regional partners, operates a vast international plus domestic network with over 6,000 flights daily flying to almost 350 destinations in more than 50 countries around the globe.
American Airlines was formed in 1930 through a merger of over eighty small airlines. American Airlines originated from two organizations: Robertson Aircraft Corporation and Colonial Air Transport. Robertson Aircraft started in Missouri in 1921 and both organizations merged in 1929 to become the Aviation Corporation, which became an operating company and rebranded as American Airways. Several years later, new laws forced many airlines to reorganize. American Airways redid its routes into a connected system and was renamed American Airlines. It was in 2013 when American Airlines merged with US Airways but kept the AA name because it was the better-recognized brand internationally. The result is the creation of the largest airline in the US and the world.
With a shared purpose of caring for people on life’s journey, American’s global team members give service to over 200 million customers every year. American Airlines is excited about the future and offers their people a vast array of benefits that promote whole family well-being, now and in the near future.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of over 130,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care On-Site
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Adoption Assistance
- Work from Home
- Dependent Care
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Travel Perks
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Membership
- Professional Development
- Job Training
- Diversity Program
- Tuition Assistance
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “First time user?” link found below the login details.
- Once done, select the “Register now” link that will appear just below the “First time user” link.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided. Your User ID may be your Employee or Contractor Number.
- Select the blue “Submit” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.