Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Norfolk Southern Corporation Employee Benefits:
The Norfolk Southern Railway, formerly Southern Railway, is a Class I freight railroad in the US. Its headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia and operates 19,420 route miles in 22 eastern states, the District of Columbia, while having rights in Canada over the Albany to Montréal route of the Canadian Pacific Railway. NS is known for transporting domestic and export coal. Norfolk Southern Corporation’s total public stock value was a little over $51.6 billion in April of 2019.
The system started in 1982 with the creation of the Norfolk Southern Corporation, which was Southern Railway and Norfolk & Western Railway’s holding company. The new company was named the Norfolk Southern Railway. Its headquarters were located primarily in Norfolk, Virginia but later moved to Atlanta, Georgia. NS was then created in 1982 after the merger of Norfolk & Western and Southern Railway, which are both profitable companies.
Norfolk Southern has great employee benefits. They understand that the new job will be busy and encourages the people to focus on the benefits during the first few days.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of approximately 20,156 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Family Medical Leave
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Job Training
- Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Apprenticeship Program
- Diversity Program
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the “Log on” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward until you get to your account.
Note: Use of the Employee Resource Center requires people to login using Network password.