Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
CarMax Benefits Center Contact Number:
MYKMXHR Service Center
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CarMax is America’s biggest used-car retailer company and is included in Fortune 500’s list. Their headquarters are currently located at Richmond, Virginia. The corporate entity within the formation of CarMax was Circuit City Stores, Inc. CarMax stores focus on selling used vehicles but they also acquired their first new car franchise with Chrysler Corporation in 1996. They soon added new vehicle franchises for Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Nissan.
Circuit City executives under then-CEO Richard L. Sharp conceptualized CarMax and was ultimately developed in 1991. The codename they used was “Project X” and was also recognized as “Honest Rick’s Used Cars” to those closely involved in the radical innovation. The business model started with no fees, even if the model was ultimately abandoned for the current business model after the developers determined that people were not concerned about spending on transaction fees to purchase a vehicle.
A typical CarMax store is about 59,000 square feet and carries an inventory of about 400 vehicles, and turns its inventory over for about ten times a year. A CarMax location employs 40 sales associates.
CarMax believes that treating people right and doing everything right is the key to their success. These are reflected in many ways, including through the benefits they offer.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2018, they have a record of about 25,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Retirement Plan
- 401K Plan
- Pension Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Work from Home
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Discount
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Legal Assistance
- Pet Friendly Workplace
- Tuition Assistance
- And many more!
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | YBR | Carmax Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Log in” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
When you access your account for the first time, your password is your Date of Birth AND the last 4 digits of your SSN. (MMDDYYYY####)
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for CarMax:
- FORTUNE recognized CarMax as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies in 2018-2019.
- Forbes included CarMax in the Best Workplaces for Diversity in 2019.
- Newsweek magazine included CarMax in the list of Best Companies for Customer Service in 2018.