Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Whirlpool Human Resources:
Whirlpool Corporation is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, based in Benton Charter Township, Michigan. Whirlpool has an annual revenue of about $21 billion, with more than 70 manufacturing and technology research centers globally. The company markets different brands like KitchenAid, JennAir, Amana, and many others.
Whirlpool’s history may be traced back to 1911 when Louis (Lou) Upton and his uncle, Emory Upton, co-founded the Upton Machine Company. With $5,000 investment, they started creating electric motor-driven wringer washers. Their first customer was the Federal Electric division of Commonwealth Edison who ordered 100 machines but found a fault in the gear transmission and had to be returned. After the machines were recalled and repaired, Federal Electric doubled their order and remained a customer for three more years. After Federal Electric, their new customers were Sears and Roebuck & Co. Sears made Upton their only supplier of washers under the “Allen” brand. Upton did not want to be over-reliant on Sears, so they started creating a washer under their own brand name.
This led to an increase in sales for Upton and made them decide to merge with the Nineteen Hundred Washer Company in New York, and adopted the name Nineteen Hundred Corporation in 1929. They introduced an automatic, spinner-type washer sold by Sears under the “Kenmore” brand. In 1948, the company sold it under the “Whirlpool” brand. Two years later, Nineteen Hundred Corporation was renamed to Whirlpool Corporation.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2018, they have a record of about 92,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Mental Health Care
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Family Medical Leave
- Work from Home
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Sick Days
- Employee Discount
- Company Social Events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance
- Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Job Training
- Apprenticeship Program
- Diversity Program
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | Whirlpool Corporation Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Sign in” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for Whirlpool Corporation:
- Fortune Magazine included Whirlpool in the World’s Most Admired Companies in 2020.
- Included in Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality in 2020.
- Selling Power Magazine named them among the 50 Best Companies to Sell For in 2020.