Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
REI Employee Service Center Contact Number:
You may also send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreational Equipment, Inc. or more popular as REI, is an American retail and outdoor recreation services corporation. REI sells sporting goods, camping gear, clothing, and travel equipment. They also provide services like outdoor-oriented vacations and courses. REI is currently operating 165 retail stores in 39 states. They also entertain orders via mail-order catalogs and the internet.
REI started in 1938 by Lloyd and Mary Anderson in Seattle, Washington. They brought in an Akadem Pickel ice axe from Austria which they can use as part of a climbing course. They set up a co-operative to work with other outdoor enthusiasts in the club to get good quality and affordable climbing gear. On June of 1938, a Seattle attorney helped five mountaineers and each paid a dollar to join Recreational Equipment Cooperative. Lloyd and Mary were issued cards No. 1 and 2. The first year was not as successful as they expected. As Lloyd moved to a new space on Pike Street, he was able to hire Jim Whittaker, on July of 1955, proving the move to be a success. In 1956, Recreational Equipment Cooperative was incorporated. Whittaker’s climb of Mount Everest provided REI with free advertising and made the company reach $1 million for the first time.
REI is dedicated to recognizing their employees with a total rewards package inclusive of competitive base pay, incentives and comprehensive benefits, employee discounts, and other perks, together with programs that will support good health and work/life balance.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
They have a record of about 13,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Mental Health Care
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- 401K Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Medical Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unpaid Extended Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Sick Days
- Work from Home
- Employee Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Public Transit Subsidy
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Manage Your Benefits Resources | REI Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Sign in” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for REI:
- REI is also included in the Best Places to Work award given by Glassdoor for 2021.
- Received a Social Innovation Award given by the Financial Times and JustMeans in recognition of their social and environmental efforts in 2009.