Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
Costco Benefits Department:
1-800-284-4882, press 1
Costco Wholesale Corporation, or popular simply as Costco, is an American multinational corporation operating a chain of membership-only big-box retail stores. As of 2020, Costco is considered to be among the largest retailers in the world, ranking fifth. As of March 2021, Costco has 804 warehouses found worldwide. 558 of which may be found in the United States, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. All the rest are located in different locations in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Costco’s history may have begun with Sol Price, together with his son, Robert. They opened the very first Price Club warehouse on July 12, 1976, on Morena Boulevard in San Diego, California. The opening gave birth to a new concept in grocery shopping: retail warehouse club. The Price family placed the first Price Club Warehouse within a series of old airplane hangars that were previously owned by Howard Hughes. That warehouse is still in operation today. It is now called the Costco Warehouse #401.
Costco, on the other hand, opened its first warehouse in 1983 in Seattle, by James Sinegal and Jeffrey H. Brotman. Sinegal worked for Sol Price at FedMart. Brotman was an attorney who got involved in retail distribution at an early age. Two other stores opened in Portland and in Spokane in December 1983. Costco and Price Club agreed to a merger in 1993. In 1997, Costco changed their name to Costco Wholesale Corporation and all remaining Price Club locations were rebranded as Costco.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2019, they have a record of over 180,000 employees in their organization in the US. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Mental Health Care
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Family Medical Leave
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Membership
- Professional Development
- Diversity Program
- Job Training
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details. You may also visit the link(s) provided below for more information and verification.”
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Manage your FSA(s)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
“Please visit the official company website directly to verify all benefit options and details.”
Manage Your Benefits Resources | Costco Staff Member / Employee Account
Current Employees – Login / Sign in:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “SUBMIT” button to move forward.
- You may now be able to manage your account online.
New Employees – Register / Enroll:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “EMPLOYEE REGISTRATION” button found on the page.
- Type in your Employee Number in the space provided. Your employee number is an 8-digit number including the zeros.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided in this format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Type in the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the space provided.
- Type in your Email Address and confirm in the spaces provided. The link to set your password will be sent to this address.
- Select the blue “Submit” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide every important information that is asked of you to create a new account online.
You will be directed to your account details where you may start to manage or review as soon as your registration has been successfully completed.
Helpful PDF links:
Awards for Costco:
- Ranked #10 on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest US corporations by total revenue.
- National Retail Federation’s Gold Medal Award in 2014.
- Summit Creative Silver Award for Pay, Policies, and Training in 2009.
- OMNI Intermedia Bronze Award for food safety in 2009.