Employee Benefits May Include the following:
401k, Pension, Retirement, Retiree, Health Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA, Competitive Base Pay, Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Family Medical Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Parental Leave, Life, Dependent and Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Savings Plan 401(k), Company Paid Retirement Benefit, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Savings Account (HSA), Time Off and Flexible Days, Group Legal Plan, Group Home Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Employee Discounts, Adoption Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loans, Well-Being Programs, etc…
The Work Number Client Service Center:
Monday – Friday; 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (CT)
1-800-424-0253 (TTY – Deaf)
Biogen Inc. is an American multinational biotechnology company with headquarters located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Biogen specializes in the discovery, development, and delivery of therapies for treating neurological diseases to patients all over the world.
Biogen started in Geneva in 1978 headed by a number of prominent biologists that includes, Kenneth Murray of the University of Edinburgh, Walter Gilbert of Harvard, Phillip Allen Sharp of MIT, Heinz Schaller of the University of Heidelberg, and Charles Weissmann from the University of Zurich. Gilbert and Sharp are always honored with Nobel Prizes in Chemistry and Psychology, respectively. Biogen merged with San Diego, California-based IDEC Pharmaceuticals and changed the name to Biogen Idec. The merger resulted to their success in becoming the 3rd largest Biotechnology company worldwide.
Biogen understands that a gratifying work environment allows their people to create a positive impact on the communities they serve. They help find the proper work-life balance that would benefit their family plus an individual experience that has a great potential to affect other lives. Biogen also understands the diversity of each employee who has unique goals and needs. That is why they are offered with a set of benefits and incentives that is best in class.
Quick Summary of Benefits:
As of 2020, they have a record of about 9,000 employees in their organization. Their employees may join in a wide selection of benefit programs as soon as they become eligible. They may be eligible to the following benefits once they are qualified:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Health Care On-Site
- Retiree Health and Medical
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Performance Bonus
Some of their benefits also include the following:
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Fertility Assistance
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Work from Home
- Military Leave
- Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Commuter Checks and Assistance
- Professional Development
- Job Training
- Diversity Program
- Tuition Assistance
Please note that the full list of benefits available to new employees varies from location to location due to differences in local laws, regulations, and customs – and may change at any time.
Your Benefits Resources Website:
The YBR Web site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. YBR provides information, tools and calculators to help you:
- Learn how your benefit plans work.
- Understand the expenses and services that your options cover.
- Build your own medical plan, selecting from various coverage options.
- Compare health care and insurance options.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs for your medical options.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and eye doctors online using the criteria you enter.
- Choose or change your beneficiary(ies).
- Estimate your need for:
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage; and
- A health care and/or dependent care spending account.
- Get answers to questions about your benefits. Use the “Contact Us” link on the site to send a secure question to a Customer Service Representative.
Information on your health and welfare, 401(k), pension and FSA benefits. For example:
Health and welfare
- View your current health and welfare benefits coverage
- Make enrollment decisions
- View your current 401(k) balance and change contributions
- Make fund transfer and investment election changes
- If you are eligible for a pension benefit:
- View your pension information
- Project your pension income
- Start your pension
- Make beneficiary designations and changes (if applicable)
- Request a new User ID and password or change your existing User ID and password
- Learn more about your benefits
- Review, add or change your dependent or beneficiary information on file (if applicable)
- Understand how a Life Event may affect your benefits
Current Employees – Login / Sign in: