United Healthcare has a history that may be traced back to as early as 1977. They are an American managed health care company that is currently based in Minnesota. From the time they have started, that is when they have begun to offer an assortment of health plans. They currently have those plans provide a Health Products Card or what is called an Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefit program. This program enables the members to request and purchase over the counter medical items at NO extra cost.
They are being supplied by FirstLine Medical. What happens is that they send out information on all of the on-hand items which they can purchase. Members who have this benefit included in their health plan is provided with a catalog of wellness products from which they can choose to purchase whether over the counter or online. Your local Walgreens location may have several items on-hand such as:
- Bath safety products e.g. mats or shower benches
- Over-the-counter / OTC medications
- Vitamins and supplements
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Leg and foot care products
- Items for home use like scales, thermometers, and blood pressure monitors
Be sure to look for the “APPROVED OTC” label on the price tag if you choose to purchase these items at your local Walgreens store.
If visiting a physical store will be an inconvenience for you, it is suggested that your purchases be made over the phone or online, whichever is easier for you. The catalog they provide contains several products and there is no extra cost for shipping or taxes.
All of the items that you ordered must always be purchased with the use of your Benefit Card Credits. These are automatically provided quarterly to your account. The credits applied or loaded to the account have NO ADDITIONAL COST. Taxes, handling, and shipping are also covered by the health plan.
This option is provided through plans that are offered through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of any one of its affiliated companies, together with a Medicare Advantage organization who holds a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid Program.
B.A.M. Recommendation: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information. If you need more information, just visit https://newsroom.uhc.com/community/dual-special-needs-plans-can-offer-up-to–1000.html.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to order items online and create a new UHC Health Products Benefit Medicare or Medicaid Card. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access.
For members who need to login and manage their current account online:
Current Members – Log On / Sign On:
- Go to the following webpage: http://www.healthproductscard.com
- Provide your current: Username and Password
- Click on the button titled: Login
- You will then be signed in and able to manage your account. Review your plan and personal information and if you see any errors, contact customer service.
New Members – Register / Enroll:
- Go to the following website: www.healthproductscard.com
- Below the “Login” button on the left hand side of the page, click on the link titled: Create Account
- Continue to provide all the necessary information exactly how it appears on your health plan card such as:
- Member ID
- ZIP Code
- Email Address
- Choose to remain opted in or opt out: if you do not opt in and choose to opt out, you will not receive communications about your Health Products Benefit Card from FirstLine Medical via email. You will still receive information regarding your order by email.
- You will also need to create a: Username and Password
- Choose the security questions that you want to use and give necessary answers in the spaces provided.
- To finish the process, select the button titled: Register
- Be sure you receive a registration confirmation or make sure you can login and manage your new UHC Health Products Benefit Card account online.
New Members – Card Activation / Activate Your Card:
Tips when ordering:
- Items have quantity limits.
- Prices are subject to change.
- If your item is not in stock, an item of similar or greater value may be substituted in your order.
Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, no returns or exchanges are allowed. If you haven’t received your order or if you received a defective or damaged item, please call FirstLine Medical within 30 days of placing your order.
Using your credits:
- Only plan members may use products.
- Only products from the catalog are covered.
- Orders must total $30 or more.
- Shipping and handling is included at no extra cost.
- Unused credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Allow 4–5 business days for your order to be delivered in the continental U.S. (For Hawaii, allow 3–7 business days for your order to be delivered.)
- Use a mail order form to send your order through the postal service. You should receive a mail order form and envelope with your welcome kit.